30 december, 2010

Hey Everyone!!

Merry (late) Christmas!! I hope it was a good one for all of you, I had a faaaantastic Christmas!! It started out by us going out to help some people in our neighboorhood showling snow. It was great fun, even though we felt pretty sore afterwards haha. There was one lady who was really sweet. She had just started showling, and was just thinking how she was ever going to get done (she had a lot to do, two houses and the sidewalks in front of them), when we walked by and asked if we could help her. She was so grateful and also, asked if she had to be religious to get help (she saw our nametags) :p We helped her and then she gave us cookies and homemade ”flädersaft”.. It was reaally good!

We spent Christmas eve with one of the many Andersen families around here :D It was so much fun!! They were supercute and gave us some cute gifts (a purple scarf for me, no idea how they knew that was my fav color xD) And their parents that we didn’t know were also there, and they gave us some gifts, and they hadn’t known our names so they just wrote ”Sister missionary 1, 2, 3” – so for the rest of the night we went by numbers instead of our names xD (I’m three bytheway).. We also ate Ris à l’amande, which is kinde like risgrynsgröt but cold and with a fruitsauce and extra cream in it... it’s soooooo goood!!! And they put a lot of almond pieces in it and also a whole almond, and the one who finds the whole almond gets a gift, so much fun!! Anyways, I found the almond :D yaaay!! It was a lot of fun :D
Missionary work-wise, this hasn’t really been the most effective week though, since it’s the holidays it’s harder to see people, but we did have a few really good lessons, so we were grateful :D

We also went to sing at the hospital on Christmas day! It was way fun except for the fact that I almost fainted when we were in the middle of singing Silent Night. So my companions and the Elders that came with us to sing had to sing the rest without me. It was still great, and it’s just amazing to see how the people that we sang for got touched by the spirit and were really happy because of it.
It’s also superfunny being here in Denmark, because home is just SO CLOSE!! It’s crazy!! I don’t think I’ve gone a week here without seeing someone I knew before I came here.. it’s way fun!

And oh, this week I got to give a talk in Church! In Danish!! It was a little scary, and I was scared that people wouldn’t understand what I said, but they did, and i got some compliments on my danish which made me happy (I always feel like I should know more Danish than I do.. ) .. It’s superfunny though, because as of lately, everyone that we speak to always thinks that we’re all swedish, whereas before people would think we were all american. xD So I don’t know if that’s good or bad, but it’s funny.. now we just have to make them think that we’re danish!!!
And something I have been studying and thinking a lot about this week, that’s Christmas week, is the great gift that we got from our Savior Jesus Christ!! It really is amazing, what he did!! He is the perfect example of how we should be, how we should act, and how we should love. He really gave everything that he had to give to us!! He spent his life going around doing good and teaching the way to return to our Heavenly Father, and he also gave us the greatest gift of all; he atoned for our sins, for everyone of us, he suffered so that we wouldn’t have to suffer as he did. It’s amazing to me.. I just think about the times when I have been in pain or have been going through hard times.. I just always want the hard times to end, but he, he chose to do this, he chose to suffer for us, even though he didn’t have to – No one forced him.. i think that’s so amazing and I am SO grateful that he did that, so that we could have a chance of returning to our Heavenly Father, and find happiness.
I hope that you all can be able to keep the Spirit of Christmas, which is the spirit of Christ, in your lives even though Christmas is over.

Lots of Love // Søster Ronström :) :)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar